Saturday, October 3, 2009

Should You Avoid Beef with a Milk Allergy?

I have read some information recently that indicates if you have a milk allergy, you could be allergic to beef as well.

My daughter has a severe milk allergy. In her last blood test ordererd by her allergist, it did show a reaction to beef.

Her allergist stated that not everyone who has a milk allergy can be allergic to beef, but in our case my daughter had an allergy to beef.

The best thing to do is to get tested for the beef allergy by your allergist.

I have started using ground turkey for meals we used to use beef in and they are great. Turkey burgers actually taste pretty good. In fact, I am going to try the ground turkey in a chili recipe and I will let you know how it comes out.

Stay well, stay safe and be brave.

Debra Denhart


No comments:

Post a Comment