Thursday, October 1, 2009

From the Lips of a Child

I asked my daughter to tell me what she would like people to know about food allergies. To this she responded, "I want them to know how dangerous it is."

Wow, I have to say that comment blew me away a bit. I had to remind myself that I was talking to an eight year old. She has experienced the challenges of dealing with her severe food allergies to milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame and mustard since she was only ten months old.

She has had to go to the emergency room, use the epi-pen and felt her throat start to close on more than one occasion, unfortunately.

So this is my message for you today from the lips of a child. "I want you to know how dangerous it is."

Pass this message on and help us educate the public on food allergies.

Stay well, stay safe and most of all... be brave.

Debra Denhart


No comments:

Post a Comment