Saturday, September 19, 2009

Does Chiropractic Care Really Help Asthma?

Absolutely! When a co-worker first told me her chiropractor had helped children with asthma, I was a little skeptical. I had never gone to a chiropractor before. There just seemed to be so much negative information out there about chiropractic care. But, at the time both of my daughters were really struggling with their asthma. I was desperate and willing to give it a try to see if going to a chiropractor might help. 

When we started going to see Dr. Colleen Pace and Dr. Michael Pace in their practice in Hamden, Connecticut my girls were pretty young. Carlese, my oldest daughter was 6 years old. And my youngest daughter Mia was only 4. We started seeing them twice a week for 6 months. Then went weekly, then monthly. 

This was a huge committment, but honestly I was willing to make it. At one appointment my daughter Carlese went in to get adjusted and she said she needed her inhaler. And Dr. Colleen said, "Let me adjust you first." Well, after she was adjusted, Carlese said she didn't need her inhaler! Can I just say that I was a bit shocked. That was just amazing to me. 

We have also done peak flows before and after adjustments. And their peak flows have improved when the adjustments were made. 

Dr. Colleen was so great with my girls. She explained to them on our very first appointment what she was going to do and that they would hear some popcorn sounds. And sure enough they did. Mia, who is 6 now can very fluently explain to anyone how your spine gets misaligned and when it is  "lined up" you feel so good. How cute is that? 

I also remember when Mia first went in for her adjustment, she had been crying at night because her legs hurt so bad. I thought she was just having growing pains but she was really misaligned from all of the jumping she had been doing.  And we all know how much kids love to jump. 

Just today my girls had an appointment with Dr. Colleen and it was great. They both had been sick last week and I knew getting adjusted would help their immune system function better. Sure enough they both had alot of "popcorn" sounds. They were both really misaligned. 

I am trying to find as many natural alternatives as I can to help them stay healthier this winter and all year long. And I am making a committment to go every week with my girls so we can get adjusted. I believe the benefits will far outweigh the costs. 

So as soon as we get a cold or have any asthma issues, I make sure we go in to get adjusted. Carlese will even say things like, " Mom, I really need to get adusted my neck is really hurting lately." 

If you have children with asthma or just want to find alternative treatments to stay well this fall or anytime of  the year, find a great chiropractor in your area.  I can't say enough how chiropractic care has helped our family to stay well or get over illnesses so much faster.  

I would talk to some of your friends for referrals of chiropractors they would recommend. If you would like more information about chiropractic care for children you can go to www.icpa4kids.org. This is packed with some really good information. So definitely check it out. 

Stay well and don't forget to check out some chiropractors in your area. You will be so happy you did. 

Debra Denhart 



2 comments:

  1. Chiropractic treatment and service from chiropractor really helpful to solve spinal and nervous problems.I have to like this treatment/therapy because it works naturally no side effects.You may try from your locality, I hope you must found chiropractor nearby you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!! What I can say in this article is very important to be written as it may help everybody to get awareness. Good job done.

    Chiropractic Care in Coral Springs

    ReplyDelete